- BEdita on Github
- Plugin modules and Frontend themes available for download
- BEdita 3.1.7 and BEdita 3.2 beta 2 - Release announcement
- License change: from AGPL to LGPL
- New documentation site for BEdita - docs.bedita.com
- BEdita 3.1.6 - Release announcement
- BEdita support moves on Google Groups
- BEdita 3.1.5 and BEdita 3.2 beta - Release announcement
- BEdita 3.2 alpha Release announcement
- BEdita 3.1.4 - Release announcement
- BEdita 3.1.3 - Release announcement
- BEdita 3.1.2 - Release announcement
- BEdita 3.1.1 - Release announcement
- German Translation Available
- BEdita 3.1 - Release announcement
- BEdita 3.1 RC release announcement
- BEdita 3.1 beta release announcement
- BEdita 3.1 alpha release announcement
- BEdita 3.0.1 update release announcement
- BEdita 3 Release announcement
- BEdita public presentation
- 3 November 2009: public event confirmation
- Online demo available
- BEdita 3 RC released
- Fondazione Gualandi
- Opening of the official public forum
- Second BEdita public beta
- BEdita @ CONFSL 09
- Developers blog launched!
- First BEdita open public beta
- Pierfrancesco Favino
BEdita 3 Release announcement
November 17, 2009 – Bologna (Italy)
BEdita 3 release, a Semantic Content Management Framework
ChannelWeb Srl and Chia Lab Srl today announce the general availability of BEdita 3, code name “betula” (*).
BEdita (www.bedita.com) is both a development framework for web applications and a full featured Content Management System, released under the open-source license Affero General Public License version 3 (AGPL3).
BEdita 3 is completely brand new: its release follows two years of hard work and research so, as regards version 3, the whole system has been re-written from the ground up. The design of BEdita 3 complies with latest trends in software engineering and is completely respectful of web standards: BEdita 3 is a solid software environment, fully compatible with latest versions of programming languages and mark-ups in use. The backend User Interface has been developed in accordance with well-established rules in usability and ergonomics, but – as much important – it is also practical and enjoyable.
BEdita 3 is the ideal platform for Web 2.0, since it supports all typical paradigms of the second generation of web development & design: de-centralization and interoperability, user-centered design, crowd-sourcing, dynamic contents, Software as a Service (SAAS), Rich Internet Application e Rich User Experience. Furthermore it may be used as an advanced Web Marketing tool as well. And finally, thanks to the scalable architecture and the object oriented design, BEdita is ready to evolve and follow technologies towards new schemes and scenarios, like the ones often described as “Semantic” or “Ontological” Web.
BEdita 3 is released as Free/Open Source software: visit the official web site www.bedita.com where you can download the latest stable version or give the online demo a try.
Furthermore, if your project cannot undergo this licensing model, ChannelWeb and Chia Lab offer an alternative commercial license, through which regulate software usage and the relationship with companies owning the copyright: contact us for more informations.
A number of online resources are available, both in Italian and English languages:
- www.bedita.com - official main site
- forum.bedita.com - official discussion forum
- api.bedita.com - API and documentation
- demo.bedita.com - official demonstration website
- www.channelweb.it - www.chialab.it - ChannelWeb and Chialab websites
(*) “betula” : [ pronounce /'bεtula/ bé-tu-la ] aka birch, tree of the Betulaceae family